Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

6 Sep, 2023
2023-9-6 7:22:40 AM UTC
Yes thank you indeed!

Ordered now - it seems to be only shipping to the US and Canada (unless I'm being a numpty) so thank goodness for shipping forwarding.
6 Sep, 2023
2023-9-6 7:53:42 PM UTC

Philomythos wrote:

These are available for sale again. Get ’em while the gettin’s good!

https://shophaggerty.com/product/j-r-r-tolkien-the-art-of-the-manuscript-catalog-softcover-second-edition/

Thanks for the heads up! I've just ordered mine as well. Just as an FYI to folks, I asked Sarah Schaefer (co-curator of the exhibition) if she anticipates any further printings of The Art of the Manuscript book and she said that she doubted there would be any further printings because printing/publishing is not part of the Haggerty's normal operations and they would need a "windfall of resources" to do so. So once their stock on this printing is out that may likely be it for a long while if not forever.
6 Sep, 2023
2023-9-6 10:29:27 PM UTC

Tuor son of Huor wrote:

Philomythos wrote:

These are available for sale again. Get ’em while the gettin’s good!

https://shophaggerty.com/product/j-r-r-tolkien-the-art-of-the-manuscript-catalog-softcover-second-edition/

Thanks for the heads up! I've just ordered mine as well. Just as an FYI to folks, I asked Sarah Schaefer (co-curator of the exhibition) if she anticipates any further printings of The Art of the Manuscript book and she said that she doubted there would be any further printings because printing/publishing is not part of the Haggerty's normal operations and they would need a "windfall of resources" to do so. So once their stock on this printing is out that may likely be it for a long while if not forever.

I'm really glad I ordered one. The order has been confirmed.There were 140 in stock when I ordered mine.
15 Sep, 2023
2023-9-15 8:54:46 PM UTC
So here's some interesting items. Marquette is auctioning off some memorabilia from The Art of the Manuscript exhibition, including a few remaining first edition hardcover books (the only ones available for general sale now are the paperback second editions), lamp-post banners with pictures of Tolkien's manuscripts, and a wall-length vinyl decal of the Time-Scheme. Proceeds benefit the Tolkien Archive Fund. You can see photos and bid on the items at this link:

https://e.givesmart.com/events/yeL/i/_All/
15 Sep, 2023
2023-9-15 9:58:56 PM UTC

Tuor son of Huor wrote:

So here's some interesting items. Marquette is auctioning off some memorabilia from The Art of the Manuscript exhibition, including a few remaining first edition hardcover books (the only ones available for general sale now are the paperback second editions), lamp-post banners with pictures of Tolkien's manuscripts, and a wall-length vinyl decal of the Time-Scheme. Proceeds benefit the Tolkien Archive Fund. You can see photos and bid on the items at this link:

https://e.givesmart.com/events/yeL/i/_All/

You beat me to the announcement! Very excited that Marquette was able to get permission to sell some of these one-of-a-kind marketing items for the exhibition. These don't legitimately make it into collector hands very often, if at all.
15 Sep, 2023
2023-9-15 11:24:12 PM UTC
Yes. Very exciting indeed. I have registered and I will throw in a bid or two when the time is right.
16 Sep, 2023 (edited)
2023-9-16 5:25:38 AM UTC
It is limited to people with an address in USA and Canada. I remember someone mentionned a website where you can ship an order in USA, then transfer it wherever you live. Can you remember me its name please ? I'd like to bid on some items.
16 Sep, 2023
2023-9-16 5:39:36 AM UTC
I very recently signed up to this service:

https://planetexpress.com/

I did so in order to get a copy of the softback exhibition catalogue, as I live in Sweden. It was fairly easy to navigate, and there is no subscription fee (I understand some reshippers charge such a fee).
16 Sep, 2023
2023-9-16 12:22:43 PM UTC

Druss wrote:

It is limited to people with an address in USA and Canada. I remember someone mentionned a website where you can ship an order in USA, then transfer it wherever you live. Can you remember me its name please ? I'd like to bid on some items.

I was informed by someone who lives in Europe that they were able to contact the Haggerty and a lady named Mary was able to setup a special invoice by hand to buy the softcover book and have it shipped to Europe. Don’t know the details but it seems like they will ship beyond US/Canada, just their website doesn’t allow the option. Good luck!
6 Dec, 2023
2023-12-6 5:38:05 PM UTC
In case anybody in Europe still needs one of the paperback copies - I might be able to help with this.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us