Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

24 Aug, 2023
2023-8-24 12:49:37 PM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Season one was a disaster, so hopefully these justified strikes will give the showrunners time to rethink some things perhaps?

My youngest daughter insisted i tried watching at least one episode. I made it to "this place is so evil, our torches don't give any warmth".
24 Aug, 2023
2023-8-24 12:51:42 PM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

northman wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

They've just sadly canceled the show after it fell victim to the ongoing strikes. They couldn't get the second season produced because of the cast scheduling issues.

Don't get my hopes up like that :)

Yes, very sad that this giant corporation feels the need to also chase down small potatoes like this.

Season one was a disaster, so hopefully these justified strikes will give the showrunners time to rethink some things perhaps?

I don't like defending Amazon, so I will clear my throat as I try.... On this occasion I think the issue was the cast having to move on and there being no set time to bring the, back given the strikes. So things like camera rigs, studio time, etc was all up in the air. I suspect that they decided to utilize the money better. If it wasn't a show I was very interested in I would say that they made the right decision in this instance.

On Rings of Power, I have had time to rewatch it and the most interesting aspect is sadly the one thing that won't be there for season two, that being Joseph Mawle. I consider him a different breed of actor in the modern age. I rate him as one of the greatest actors of any generation. I was sad when it was announced that he would not be continuing on the show. With that I doubt there is much to bring me back again, if season two follows the first, I won't return for a third. Season Two will be the most important season of any Amazon show. Get it wrong, I doubt the show will recover.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us