Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

26 Jan, 2017
2017-1-26 7:10:06 AM UTC

St. Troy wrote:
Damn; I really like that set.

The individual books are easy enough to find on eBay (might take a couple of months). The slipcased set (either variant) is a little harder to find. I personally think they are much nicer than the later edition (which is a little larger and with the black-background dustjackets, rather than white).
26 Jan, 2017
2017-1-26 5:12:00 PM UTC
Hi
If it helps i have 2 of the 3 you could purchase
Just pm me
26 Jan, 2017
2017-1-26 5:26:45 PM UTC
well....it depends on if you want the 'current' set, or if you specifically want what was printed in the '90s. If you're after illustrated copies, in hardback, and want them all to VERy closely match, here's what I suggest:

- Hobbit Alan Lee illustrated hardback, HMH [1997]
- The Lord of the Rings 3 volume Alan Lee hardback illustrated box set, HMH [2002]
- The Silmarillion Ted Nasmith illustrated hardback, HMH. [2004]
- (recommended) Complete Guide to Middle-earth by Robert foster, illustrated by Ted Nasmith in hardback. [2003 I believe]

All of those should look lovely together.
26 Jan, 2017
2017-1-26 6:14:50 PM UTC

scarlet_sorcerer wrote:
well....it depends on if you want the 'current' set, or if you specifically want what was printed in the '90s. If you're after illustrated copies, in hardback, and want them all to VERy closely match, here's what I suggest:

- Hobbit Alan Lee illustrated hardback, HMH [1997]
- The Lord of the Rings 3 volume Alan Lee hardback illustrated box set, HMH [2002]
- The Silmarillion Ted Nasmith illustrated hardback, HMH. [2004]
- (recommended) Complete Guide to Middle-earth by Robert foster, illustrated by Ted Nasmith in hardback. [2003 I believe]

All of those should look lovely together.

Great! Thanks.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us