497_59625877d39dc.jpg 2848X2136 px

Re: Sharing pictures

Jul 9, 2017 - in General Collecting Forum
From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

laurel, are both your 1982 copies of The Silmarillion signed copies; or is one (or both) of them a numbered copy only?
EDIT: Scratch that, I just checked my emails & I know the answer to these questions!

Either way, why would anyone want two copies of the same book? Pff. Ridiculous...

BH

You drive a hard bargain – you can have it for £10 all-in – one consolation (for you) is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children, for bread...

By Stu

Jul 9, 2017 - in General Collecting Forum
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Two copies of the SD Sil, now that is just greedy! I don't even have one (and nor, given my legendary tight-arsery, do I expect to ever have one)!

By Stu

Jul 9, 2017 - in General Collecting Forum (edited)
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

I got a near-fine unread 1966 16th impression Hobbit on Friday, so my Third Edition collection is now complete.

Slow progress, mind, Hobbit collecting, as I'm only really interested in them being in decent near-new condition. Second edition progressing even slower (one book a year if I am lucky).

I expect to catch up with Trotter by 2029.

228_5962b33123d5c.jpg 1632X1224 px

Jul 10, 2017 - in General Collecting Forum
Group:
Shirefolk

Beautiful books all of you! Congratulations on completing your 3rd Edition Stu! I'm getting close myself and nearing the end of the 2nd as well (way behind on my 1sts). Here's another one I've been working on... trying to get all of the First Edition LotR boxed sets. Feeling a little closer now that I managed to get what I believe is a first state box (for free no less!), just holding out for the 2nd and 4th states now. Good times!

4451_5962ec9dc53b6.jpg 700X600 px

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Very Nice.

I'm always impressed by other collectors and their amazing dedication to the (completely pointless) endeavour of collecting stuff!

I'm too much of a tight-wad to be a proper collector :) I do enjoy the chase, though.

Jul 10, 2017 - in General Collecting Forum (edited)
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Stu wrote:
I got a near-fine unread 1966 16th impression Hobbit on Friday, so my Third Edition collection is now complete.

Slow progress, mind, Hobbit collecting, as I'm only really interested in them being in decent near-new condition. Second edition progressing even slower (one book a year if I am lucky).

In my humble Hobbit collection, I now have all the 4th edition impressions, so have at least the first 35 impressions of the UK hardback, would have to properly check on impression numbers, but I think it is up to the 40th impression and I have now stopped looking for later impressions, you have to stop somewhere

All have decent justjackets, except the 1st and 2nd impressions, which on eBay would be described as Acceptable, but in the real world are Not at all Good or Very Poor

By Stu

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Trotter wrote:

Stu wrote:

In my humble Hobbit collection, I now have all the 4th edition impressions, so have at least the first 35 impressions of the UK hardback, would have to properly check on impression numbers, but I think it is up to the 40th impression and I have now stopped looking for later impressions, you have to stop somewhere

All have decent justjackets, except the 1st and 2nd impressions, which on eBay would be described as Acceptable, but in the real world are Not at all Good or Very Poor

You are a madman.

I stopped on the second impression of the 1987 Unwin Hyman (and I'm missing 1982, I think). That's quite enough for me!

From Scotland
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Is anyone on here actually diagnosed OCD?

BH

You drive a hard bargain – you can have it for £10 all-in – one consolation (for you) is that you do not have to hear the cries of my children, for bread...

(1) 2
All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us