Welcome to the new TolkienGuide.com site design!
(1) 2 3

Welcome to the new TolkienGuide.com site design!

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Hopefully everything is functional, and easier to use. Please let me know if you have any troubles with the new website.

By Stu

Re: Welcome to the new TolkienGuide.com site design!

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Good job.

I think I'd be temped to lose the rounded borders around the indvidual posts. I'm not sure thy are necessary, and I think they add clutter. The other alternative would be to make them very faint.

From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve got some thoughts on improvement there and will tinker some more.

By laurel

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Good stuff- anyone tried on a mobile yet

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

The new design makes for an uncomfortably long line of text on our 24-inch PC desktop screen, up to 17 inches in what amounts to 10 point type (in Firefox; in Chrome the type is smaller). It's better, but not convenient, if we reduce the width of the window; but the text breaks between lines wherever it likes, in the middle of words. The effect is similar on a 10-inch tablet in landscape mode, less so in portrait mode. The site is more comfortable to read on a 5-inch smartphone, but we're dinosaurs who prefer desktops. The software seems to prefer mobile devices for formatting; for these the text breaks properly.

On all platforms tried, the "Post Reply" box at the bottom of the thread is the same size as before. Didn't that used to have more options than "submit"? The reply function within each post has Quote, Preview, Submit, Cancel.

Wayne & Christina

(1) 2 3
© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us