Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

18 Oct, 2018
2018-10-18 9:16:29 PM UTC
eBay screwed me, they just charged my card for 900 dollars. American Express declined, I assume they will send to collections. Great.
18 Oct, 2018
2018-10-18 9:21:12 PM UTC
Fight eBay legally via your credit card company (AMEX). Just because someone says you owe them money, does not mean that you do. eBay/Paypal have breached their agreement with you.
18 Oct, 2018
2018-10-18 9:23:22 PM UTC
AMEX isn't the issue. They won't allow eBay charges. The issue is that eBay thinks I owe them 900 dollars and without a card to charge they will simply send to collections. Unless I spend more hours and hours of my life on the phone with them.
18 Oct, 2018
2018-10-18 9:38:34 PM UTC

Tapuvae (Chris) wrote:
AMEX isn't the issue. They won't allow eBay charges. The issue is that eBay thinks I owe them 900 dollars and without a card to charge they will simply send to collections. Unless I spend more hours and hours of my life on the phone with them.

So, anyone can send a debt to collections. It doesn't mean the debt is legitimate or you have to pay it. You just need to document why they are at fault, write then a written letter and inform them that you will not be paying as they have breached their agreement to cover fraud (and have in fact acted in a way that directly assisted and encouraged said fraud). Write to AMEX to inform them they should disallow any charges from eBay. Don't waste any time on the phone. Do this via registered letters.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us