Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

22 Nov, 2018
2018-11-22 1:37:28 AM UTC
I think what he means is that the seller cannot leave any feedback about the buyer any more.
22 Nov, 2018
2018-11-22 1:48:00 AM UTC

Urulöké wrote:
I think what he means is that the seller cannot leave any feedback about the buyer any more.

Why not? When I sell things I leave feedback for the buyer every time. What am I missing haha
22 Nov, 2018
2018-11-22 2:01:57 AM UTC
Whoops sorry. You can leave positive feedback, but not negative any more.
22 Nov, 2018
2018-11-22 2:54:24 AM UTC
Ahh of course of course, now I gotcha, sorry my fault. I'd never tried to leave negative feedback for a buyer before, didn't realize. I had a guy make me an offer on something I was selling and I noticed that even though he had all positive feedback there were plenty of very negative comments about him not paying. I just thought the sellers were being half nice!

So I guess you can leave negative comments but they are still marked as 'positive feedback'. That's ridiculous. Seems like eBay being greedy and wanting as many sales as possible regardless of fairness. Not too surprising I guess but it just seems too obvious of a tactic, even for eBay.
22 Nov, 2018
2018-11-22 7:50:46 PM UTC

Urulöké wrote:
Whoops sorry. You can leave positive feedback, but not negative any more.

Yeah, sorry, I was unclear. The seller can no longer leave negative feedback about the buyer. They changed it many years ago. Makes feedback pretty much worthless as a seller.
22 Nov, 2018
2018-11-22 8:11:15 PM UTC

Stu wrote:

Yeah, sorry, I was unclear. The seller can no longer leave negative feedback about the buyer. They changed it many years ago. Makes feedback pretty much worthless as a seller.

I don't know... I agree it's bogus, but the comments I read about the buyer I mentioned were so bad (despite being marked as positive) that I was able to block him based on those alone. Without them I definitely would have sold to him and probably been screwed.
22 Nov, 2018
2018-11-22 9:31:06 PM UTC

Berelach wrote:

Stu wrote:

I don't know... I agree it's bogus, but the comments I read about the buyer I mentioned were so bad (despite being marked as positive) that I was able to block him based on those alone. Without them I definitely would have sold to him and probably been screwed.

Well it is better than nothing, but eBay has expressly tried to avoid buyers getting negative feedback, because really all they care about is commission.
13 Dec, 2018 (edited)
2018-12-13 2:08:15 PM UTC
Too bad doesn't have a dustjacket on the Fellowship. Can't imagine what it would cost then!

This site uses affiliate links for which we may be compensated
Seller: princetn
(9558)
Ended Jan 11, 2019
This item ended more than 90 days ago
13 Dec, 2018
2018-12-13 4:56:48 PM UTC

dunedain wrote:
Too bad doesn't have a dustjacket on the Fellowship. Can't imagine what it would cost then!

That's..... egregious. Nice condition sets of those editions, with box, are regularly available on eBay for under $100...
13 Dec, 2018 (edited)
2018-12-13 6:02:49 PM UTC
Sorry but neither of you are serious bidders please move along, the seller, princetn sells to serious bidders only.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us