Tolkien Collector's Guide

Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

The Dialect of The Huddersfield District
By Stu
Shirrif (Moderator)

The Dialect of The Huddersfield District

Mar 26 (edited)

Given that we don't know what the Dust Jacket actually looked like (other than Perhaps Wayne who has seen one), I'm trying to make something plausible just to protect the spine of the book from UV on the shelf. I can figure out the correct size easily enough (as I know how wide the flaps were from shadowing on the endpapers).

Any suggestions, help, etc. welcomed

[Edit: It looked nothing whatsoever like my first musings, attached here! ]

228_5c99e73fdc603.png 2828X1288 px
Load previous replies
May 8
(edited)
Excellent find! looks like I need to get rid of the italics on the price, and then it'll be near enough!

I suspect there will be more of them out there. Probably mostly in West Yorkshire, waiting to be discovered.
May 8
Gawain, could I be cheeky and ask for a photo or scan of the upper cover for TolkienBooks.net?
May 8
Very nice!
May 9
Of course, Deagol. I intended to send you one as well as posting here and then forgot. I'll try both scanning and photo and PM you both.
May 9
oops strike that I don't seem to be able to PM an image so I'm posting them here. The top corner is missing so message me back Deagol if you'd like me to scan or photo differently.

414_5cd4817b71c15.jpg 1552X2009 px

414_5cd481956e666.jpg 2125X2838 px
May 9
(edited)
Corrected flap price positioning/font + adjusted positioning of offices downwards slightly based on new photo.

228_5cd4beca8e6f3.png 1032X475 px
May 10
Looks beautiful
May 10
Absolutely fantastic job Stu!
May 11
Thanks Gawain.
May 11
No problem, Deagol. I'm delighted to see it on your website.
Jump to Last