Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

By laurel
Home away from home

Pauline Baynes Original illustrations

3 Nov, 2019 (edited)
2019-11-3 4:56:25 PM UTC

I have decided, albeit reluctantly, to sell a few of my Pauline pieces of art if anyone interested.

The art is on ebay under item number 184018251981, description below. If interested send me a PM.

Pauline was well known for her J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis illustrations but she also illustrated many other books including this one. Published by F.Warne and Co in 1987 the book contained three stories: Little Mouse; Daisy and Double & Habbitrot. The illustrations for the later 2 stories are for sale here.

Daisy and Double
8 colour illustrations - recounts the adventures of two mischievous twin lambs

Habbitrot
12 colour illustrations - story of a mysterious old women, spinning in the wood.

All of the picture are 90 x 110mm, no damage. None are signed but all include Pauline's narrative in pencil under each one. I have had some mounted/framed in oak frames and using museum glass but left the others as shown.

The fine detail is absolutely stunning and the pictures really don't do them justice but if anyone wants any more photos please let me know.

Also included is a copy of the book in which all the art has appeared.

So overall a lovely collection of 20 original illustrations by one of the best illustrators in recent times. For the Baynes/Tolkien/Lewis or Potter fan these are a real treasure.

For the purpose of postage I will remove from the frames and post between thick card to avoid breakage unless anyone wished to collect of course.

I will also include the original purchase receipt from a very well know auction house.

Thanks for looking

This site uses affiliate links for which we may be compensated
Seller: martin3636cat
(1620)
Ended Nov 22, 2019
This item ended more than 90 days ago

497_5dbf0662c06b6.jpg 2848X2136 px
3 Nov, 2019
2019-11-3 10:58:22 PM UTC
Nice little collection. Good luck with the sale.
4 Nov, 2019
2019-11-4 8:32:21 AM UTC
Thanks Stu
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us