Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

Thank You All

10 Feb, 2021
2021-2-10 3:31:45 PM UTC

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all. I have been collecting Tolkien on and off since the early 2000's, but I only found this community about two years ago.

It really has brought the joy back into my collecting and reinvigorated my passion for Tolkien.

The collections you have acquired, the knowledge that this community possesses, and the insight that all of you bring continues to amaze me. I've been able to acquire some items that I never would have otherwise without the help of all of you.

So once again, thanks, and I'm glad to be a part of it.
10 Feb, 2021
2021-2-10 4:14:03 PM UTC
Hear, hear!

Also want to say thanks for keeping track of any new Tolkien books coming out; as well as sharing photos and comments about new releases. Curious to see the list of plates in the forthcoming Silmarillion....
10 Feb, 2021
2021-2-10 6:31:14 PM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all. I have been collecting Tolkien on and off since the early 2000's, but I only found this community about two years ago.

It really has brought the joy back into my collecting and reinvigorated my passion for Tolkien.

The collections you have acquired, the knowledge that this community possesses, and the insight that all of you bring continues to amaze me. I've been able to acquire some items that I never would have otherwise without the help of all of you.

You are right, this community is the best way to learn and get insights into the deeps of collecting. I’ve made the same experience since being an active part here and my collection keeps growing faster and with more quality from now on. I tried to follow some Tolkien related subs on Reddit, but this is not really informative and I abandoned again.
So let me reply ‘Thank you’ for being here and taking part, Mr. Underhill
...and I would enjoy watching some pics of your collection :))
10 Feb, 2021
2021-2-10 7:46:14 PM UTC
I posted this to FB earlier today. This is one of book cases in my study. I'm in the middle of cataloguing and re-organizing so this is the one that's most put together.

I call it the Paperback/Art Book/Books about Tolkien/Misc. Shelf

5058_6024375d203bb.jpg 2315X3751 px
10 Feb, 2021
2021-2-10 8:41:16 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing Mr. Underhill. Are you collecting with a special focus? I’ve finished a cataloging recently, this is really time consuming but now I know the existing gaps very well..
11 Feb, 2021
2021-2-11 2:49:50 AM UTC

Ithildin wrote:

Thanks for sharing Mr. Underhill. Are you collecting with a special focus? I’ve finished a cataloging recently, this is really time consuming but now I know the existing gaps very well..

I've been focusing, the last year or so on The Hobbit and getting various PB and HB editions of that, while at the same time keeping an eye out for any deals that may pop up on any and all Tolkien items.

You?
11 Feb, 2021
2021-2-11 4:56:01 AM UTC
Thanks for nothing - If it wasn't for this community, I'd have given up collecting years ago (as I keep threatening). You would not believe how many complaints I get from my wife - directly because of this place!

Bah, etc.
11 Feb, 2021
2021-2-11 8:08:05 AM UTC
Thanks to everyone, and this whole community for all the deep insights and knowledge shared. This community is indeed very nice, and it has helped me building my collection, that's for sure.

Mr. Underhill

Congrats for your aperback/Art Book/Books about Tolkien/Misc. Shelf !
Looks really very nice.
11 Feb, 2021
2021-2-11 10:49:18 AM UTC

Stu wrote:

Thanks for nothing - If it wasn't for this community, I'd have given up collecting years ago (as I keep threatening). You would not believe how many complaints I get from my wife - directly because of this place!

Bah, etc.

That's the Stu we know and love

Been there with complaints, although this site did not get the flack.
11 Feb, 2021
2021-2-11 11:26:34 AM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

I totally share this point of view (although I only post/participate very little).

In addition, I am finally building my library, 18 months after my last move. Hope I can share this soon
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us