Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

8 Apr, 2021
2021-4-8 2:30:25 PM UTC

Max wrote:

Emilien wrote:

Have any of you finally ordered your Silmarillion(s) with Kennys.ie?
If yes, how was the packaging/service/delivery speed?
Are they providing tracked posting service?

I did. I ordered the deluxe edition and it came in less than two weeks (I live in Italy). Shipment was not tracked, the packaging was fine.

Then I ordered the standard edition from Amazon.it but they couldn't deliver me a copy with a decent DJ (packaging was horrible both times), so I decided to get the standard from Kennys as well. This time they took a week just to ship the book (they shipped the deluxe the day after I ordered), it should come in next week I guess. I'll let you know about packaging since this time is way more important (deluxe had his own box which kept the book safe anyway).

Thank you for your feedback Max
I have sent them an email to know if we can choose a tracked delivery service if possible. I'm waiting for their reply and will share here.
Purchasing from Ireland could definitely be a good alternative choice to avoid huge possible important custom fees.
8 Apr, 2021
2021-4-8 2:47:54 PM UTC
I ordered my trade edition of the SIL from Kennys.ie as well.
It came in a normal book packaging, but there was no tracking. I think it was delivered in a week or so - no damage.
Delivery from Amazon is awful!!! No careful handling at all! It's a shame when you know that this company once came from book delivery.
I think I'll use Kennys also in the future for the same reasons Emilien stated: no extra customs charge for European buyers, and very small delivery costs (I only paid 1 € from Ireland to Germany)
8 Apr, 2021
2021-4-8 2:53:21 PM UTC

Emilien wrote:

Have any of you finally ordered your Silmarillion(s) with Kennys.ie?
If yes, how was the packaging/service/delivery speed?
Are they providing tracked posting service?

Yes, received a couple of days ago. Well Packed.

Takes a bit longer to arrive for pre-orders of UK Editions - but a well established reliable bookseller.
8 Apr, 2021
2021-4-8 3:06:17 PM UTC
Thank you for your feedbacks Ithildin and remy ! Very much appreciated
This is good to know that there is a good irish retailer out there, who's bringing some care to packaging. That would be perfect if they could use Anpost international tracked and signed for service.
10 Apr, 2021
2021-4-10 5:26:07 PM UTC
My copy of the deluxe edition arrived today from Amazon UK, safe and sound. Even the outer box showed very little damage from the transit, and the inner box and its contents are pristine.
10 Apr, 2021
2021-4-10 5:35:16 PM UTC
Good to hear. Both my copies arrived absolutely fine from Amazon too.
10 Apr, 2021
2021-4-10 9:04:21 PM UTC
I've got a standard coming from Kennys. Took two weeks to ship, as I assume they were out of stock. That was just under two weeks ago, so haven't got it yet.
17 Apr, 2021
2021-4-17 3:35:40 AM UTC
[Admin] At the request of one of the parties who was discussed, I've removed the thread posts from today. Sorry to be vague!
29 Mar, 2022
2022-3-29 1:31:34 AM UTC
I finally broke down and ordered a copy of the deluxe edition from Blackwells, and it just arrived this evening. I was a little shocked it’s the third printing.

Does anyone know how many were in the second print?
29 Mar, 2022
2022-3-29 2:01:59 AM UTC

Falkor wrote:

I finally broke down and ordered a copy of the deluxe edition from Blackwells, and it just arrived this evening. I was a little shocked it’s the third printing.

Does anyone know how many were in the second print?

Absolutely no idea. How is the quality on the 3rd, in terms of page colour variability, etc?

Brain fart - thinking about recent LoTR.

But I do have a question - has the paper insert now been rectified so it no longer states 4,000 copies for the first print?
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us