Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

12 Aug, 2021
2021-8-12 11:21:05 PM UTC
I've tended to find it isn't the height that causes the issues with slipcases (I'm a pretty accurate folder and never use the dotted lines!), it is the width when the books are pretty right to begin with. e.g. the 1st edition Companion and Guide fitted protectors fine, but the 2nd edition looked too tight (so I didn't try).
13 Aug, 2021
2021-8-13 12:17:43 AM UTC
All dust jackets that aren’t in a slipcase get covered. I have done some slipcased ones but most are too tight, as Stu says.
13 Aug, 2021
2021-8-13 8:45:42 PM UTC

Trotter wrote:

Brodart tends to be the suggested solution, they have a PDF on how to use their product on the website http://www.shopbrodart.com/_resources ... es/PDF/2017_BJC_Guide.pdf

This thread has links for getting them in Europe and the UK https://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/n ... t_id=32930#forumpost32930

Any thoughts on Demco book covers? I watched this video and it seems pretty straightforward. Since I yet have to start protecting all my books, straightforwardness is something I value.
13 Aug, 2021 (edited)
2021-8-13 9:11:44 PM UTC
I had some Demco covers a few years ago. They were just the same as Brodart, basically. I also had some Australian ones called Unifold, I think. Basically all variations of the same thing, and none of them hard to use. I always buy the rolls of whatever product I am using, but the process of fitting any of these is basically identical.
13 Aug, 2021
2021-8-13 11:12:52 PM UTC

Stu wrote:

I had some Demco covers a few years ago. They were just the same as Brodart, basically. I also had some Australian ones called Unifold, I think. Basically all variations of the same thing, and none of them hard to use. I always buy the rolls of whatever product I am using, but the process of fitting any of these is basically identical.

Thanks. I'll try them out next month , I'm looking forward to it!
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us