Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

1 Feb, 2022
2022-2-1 5:20:14 PM UTC
Don't think I have that variant. Mine is chicken.
4 Feb, 2022
2022-2-4 4:20:55 AM UTC
I just don't know what is wrong with people. Why would anyone pay this for the latest reprint, when they could just go onto BD, type in "Lord of the Rings" and pay a quarter of this?

This site uses affiliate links for which we may be compensated
Seller: bushido-books
(263)
Ended Jan 31, 2022
This item ended more than 90 days ago
4 Feb, 2022
2022-2-4 4:34:54 AM UTC

Stu wrote:

I just don't know what is wrong with people. Why would anyone pay this for the latest reprint, when they could just go onto BD, type in "Lord of the Rings" and pay a quarter of this?

Money to spend combined with a lack of knowledge as to how and where to go to spend it.
4 Feb, 2022
2022-2-4 4:51:26 AM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Stu wrote:

Money to spend combined with a lack of knowledge as to how and where to go to spend it.

It is like with /r/tolkienbooks on Reddit. The vast majority of people there can't do a basic google search (that would be quicker than typing whatever they are asking about [usually something to do with a recent HarperCollins deluxe edition]), it seems. I've got little sympathy with people being ripped off like this at this point.
4 Feb, 2022
2022-2-4 9:56:20 AM UTC

Stu wrote:

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Stu wrote:

It is like with /r/tolkienbooks on Reddit. The vast majority of people there can't do a basic google search (that would be quicker than typing whatever they are asking about [usually something to do with a recent HarperCollins deluxe edition]), it seems. I've got little sympathy with people being ripped off like this at this point.

A Google search would bring up at least a few dozen variations of their question too.

I have trouble feeling sorry for anyone who would spend hundreds of dollarpounds without research in the modern age when we have no excuse to not know the information.
8 Feb, 2022
2022-2-8 10:51:34 PM UTC
Is it wrong that I kind of want this?

Seller: rolfebus
(3549)
Ended Feb 15, 2022
8 Feb, 2022
2022-2-8 11:16:07 PM UTC
That seller is a member here (but not around often) and an old friend. You can always try to make a deal!
9 Feb, 2022
2022-2-9 2:22:46 AM UTC

Urulókë wrote:

That seller is a member here (but not around often) and an old friend. You can always try to make a deal!

That's awesome!
9 Feb, 2022
2022-2-9 8:55:00 AM UTC
At least the postage is free.

Seller: better_world_books_uk
(397706)
Ended Mar 21, 2023
10 Feb, 2022
2022-2-10 12:18:23 PM UTC
who want to start an other Lord of the Rings movie stuff museum ?
Seller: wwe.hauser
(658)
Ended Jan 9, 2023

Middle Earth - LOTR Lord of the Rings and Hobbit Limited Museum Collection
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us