Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

29 Apr, 2022
2022-4-29 8:19:51 AM UTC
It was very pleasant to listen to this conversation.

My requirements for a definitive version lean more towards the content of the books. I would like a version made exactly as Tolkien intended and where all the remaining minor issues with the text and typesetting have been corrected.

Thus far, the HC 50th Anniversary edition comes close. A similar version made with higher-quality materials and with fully corrected text would be perfect for me.
29 Apr, 2022
2022-4-29 2:30:43 PM UTC
This is great info. Recent custom re-bindings have been intriguing. I had considered Frankenstein editions for many years but not seriously enough to learn to make books or pay for one. The big $$$ for custom LR die stamps to be used only for one LR set, to be used on all 3 volumes I'd be tempted to put it on 4 sides of the slip case.
My F monster was to be a Redbook with poems from ATB inserted, T illustrations, bits of UT, all from dead books.
29 Apr, 2022
2022-4-29 3:57:53 PM UTC
I do like that concept of a "monster" Third Age set that combines everything we have.
29 Apr, 2022
2022-4-29 5:50:03 PM UTC
Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the discussion, and could've easily listened to two more hours of it! Especially interesting that there's different opinions amongst such distinguished collectors.

Thanks for the video!
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us