Beren... an author?

Beren... an author?

Jul 6, 2007 - in General Collecting Forum
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

While browsing a local used book store, I ran across this book (pictured below). And then I thought to myself, "Don't you just hate it when the publisher spells your name wrong?"

I got a good chuckle out of it at least...

1_468e6a76e0e37.jpg 246X400 px

By Beren

Re: Beren... an author?

Jul 6, 2007 - in General Collecting Forum
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

stupid translators... always forget to write the i before the e! Thanks man... i had a VERY good laugh!!

May 10, 2008 - in General Collecting Forum
From Tolkien Society Unquendor in the Netherlands
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

It rings a bell!

Every time I see Beren referred to as 'Peter', usually in an English text, I always have to suppress a feeling that someone else is meant. The problem is that while English 'Peter' is pronounced passably like Dutch 'Pieter', we also have the form 'Peter' in Dutch - and it's pronounced noticeably different.

By Beren

Jul 8, 2008 - in General Collecting Forum
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

I have sent about three emails to Unquendor to ask and write my name as 'Pieter' but they always seem to get it wrong and don't seem to answer my emails either...

All original content © 2018 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us