Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

4 Sep, 2022
2022-9-4 5:18:16 PM UTC
There are a few "Amazon" topics in the General forum, so it's hard to avoid...

And while "taking over" is probably going too far, I agree with Philomythos that the posting (if not the discussion) in relation to the Amazon series on here is definitely "substantial". I'd guess the majority of topics currently being posted are related to the show. That some of this even indirectly related to collecting remains doubtful.
4 Sep, 2022
2022-9-4 5:27:29 PM UTC

Khamûl wrote:

There are a few "Amazon" topics in the General forum, so it's hard to avoid...

I have moved them into the correct forum, having identified the culprit, which was me, I will try harder in future to check the correct forum name before posting
4 Sep, 2022
2022-9-4 5:30:54 PM UTC
If there are articles that discuss the series but also stray into discussion of the Estate, etc, then I think it's totally valid to post these type of pieces elsewhere btw.

Thanks for moving them though!
5 Sep, 2022
2022-9-5 12:15:17 AM UTC

Trotter wrote:

Great, though hopefully you won't see this reply

Ok, so officially the “mute” button works for sure, but the “notify” button does not (it is supposed to make it so you get email notifications when there’s an update, right?). Despite several recent posts, I have had no notifications for the relevant threads. Also nothing in my spam folder. I was getting email notifications *before* that button was added to the website, but then the notifications all stopped after the update, ironically enough. Please let me know if you have any tips. It’s highly possible I’ve done something stupid, although there doesn’t seem much for me to mess up here…
5 Sep, 2022
2022-9-5 12:31:29 AM UTC

Philomythos wrote:

Trotter wrote:

Great, though hopefully you won't see this reply

Ok, so officially the “mute” button works for sure, but the “notify” button does not (it is supposed to make it so you get email notifications when there’s an update, right?). Despite several recent posts, I have had no notifications for the relevant threads. Also nothing in my spam folder. I was getting email notifications *before* that button was added to the website, but then the notifications all stopped after the update, ironically enough. Please let me know if you have any tips. It’s highly possible I’ve done something stupid, although there doesn’t seem much for me to mess up here…

Sending you a PM - and I will probably move these posts to the right forum (website discussion) in a bit if you go looking for them.
5 Sep, 2022
2022-9-5 12:40:12 AM UTC

Urulókë wrote:

Sending you a PM - and I will probably move these posts to the right forum (website discussion) in a bit if you go looking for them.

Thanks, and yes good call. Didn’t mean for this discussion to take this direction but here we are.
5 Sep, 2022
2022-9-5 2:39:00 AM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

I want to take this opportunity remind all members that you have the ability to mute forums you don't want to see by clicking on discuss at the top of the site, then the forum you're not interested in, then clicking the mute button on the left hand side.
Ah, excellent! Thank you!!
10 Sep, 2022
2022-9-10 10:55:07 PM UTC

Ulmo wrote:

Predictably, if you don’t like this show it must be because racism. “In the farther reaches of the internet,” indeed.

Another angle:

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv- ... nts-thats-1bn-well-spent/
11 Sep, 2022
2022-9-11 5:56:25 AM UTC
Have to agree with the strange accents on the show, the Orcs accent seems to be based on Chimney Sweeps from Mary Poppins.
11 Sep, 2022
2022-9-11 9:37:50 AM UTC

Trotter wrote:

Have to agree with the strange accents on the show, the Orcs accent seems to be based on Chimney Sweeps from Mary Poppins.

I had exactly that image. Jackson did it too with orcs that sounded like characters from a Dickins story.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us