Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

6 Sep, 2022
2022-9-6 8:44:46 AM UTC
I have one [edit:Wheelbarrows at Dawn - thought I was replying to a message] which I'm not particularly interested in keeping, but I'm always worried about posting it on eBay – the Estate seems to change its mind a lot about whether it's allowed to be sold...

Given that several now have been sold, perhaps this is the time – but the price does seem a bit high... I mean, I wouldn't complain...
6 Sep, 2022 (edited)
2022-9-6 11:42:20 AM UTC

Thorongil wrote:

I have one [edit:Wheelbarrows at Dawn - thought I was replying to a message] which I'm not particularly interested in keeping, but I'm always worried about posting it on eBay – the Estate seems to change its mind a lot about whether it's allowed to be sold...

Given that several now have been sold, perhaps this is the time – but the price does seem a bit high... I mean, I wouldn't complain...

It is my understanding from the seller that the copies now being sold have the text Tolkien Society Estate [ADMIN edit] objects to redacted... hence he can freely sell them on ebay.

I have a version of the book with non-redacted text which was given to me - and I am not allowed to sell for that same reason...
6 Sep, 2022 (edited)
2022-9-6 3:00:50 PM UTC

Demis wrote:

Thorongil wrote:

It is my understanding from the seller that the copies now being sold have the text Tolkien Estate objects to redacted... hence he can freely sell them on ebay.

I have a version of the book with non-redacted text which was given to me - and I am not allowed to sell for that same reason...

Correct he is selling proofcopies of the redacted book ...the ones not given to the family.
8 Sep, 2022
2022-9-8 4:59:28 PM UTC

Nox wrote:

This site uses affiliate links for which we may be compensated
Seller: soabooks
(30)
Ended Sep 8, 2022
This item ended more than 90 days ago

All seem to have been sold now.
8 Sep, 2022
2022-9-8 6:00:55 PM UTC
The price has been increased for the last one.
Seller: soabooks
(30)
Ended Sep 8, 2022
10 Sep, 2022
2022-9-10 2:00:48 AM UTC
Report on the Excavation of the Prehistoric,...
Wheeler R E M ;Wheeler T V
(Paperback)
$248.45
Availability: Not Available
10 Sep, 2022
2022-9-10 8:49:22 AM UTC
Seller: bangersbitz
(158)
Ended Sep 10, 2022
10 Sep, 2022
2022-9-10 3:56:42 PM UTC

Trotter wrote:

(158)
Ended Sep 10, 2022

Thanks, Trotter. Made a good deal on this one. Seller won't send to Germany. Can anyone in the UK assist?
10 Sep, 2022
2022-9-10 4:12:15 PM UTC

Laurin wrote:

Trotter wrote:

(158)
Ended Sep 10, 2022

Thanks, Trotter. Made a good deal on this one. Seller won't send to Germany. Can anyone in the UK assist?

Forward2me has worked fine for me.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us