Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

19 January
2024-1-19 4:42:38 PM UTC

Luckyshot wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

Dale Nelson wrote:

There are circles in which it is "correct" to be critical of things in LotR simply because they are perceived as being Catholic? I would like some sense of what those circles are, so as to avoid them, although I'm not Roman Catholic. (And of course I have no intention of encouraging religious disputes here. This is a request for information, to which my response is simply "Thank you" in advance.)

Apologies if I have missed something Dale, but what is the context here? I don't believe any of the posts relate to Catholocism or Catholics, or mention religion at all.

Northman's post from 11/23.

Ahha, thanks. I parked that particular conversation after the thread was locked the first time and will not be heading back there.
20 January
2024-1-20 2:17:23 AM UTC

zionius wrote:

According to Tolkien's 1969 contract, TV rights of Silmarillion can only be sold to Middle-earth Enterprise.

Or rather, they at least have right of first refusal, no?
20 January
2024-1-20 2:49:07 AM UTC

DMRoberts wrote:

Or rather, they at least have right of first refusal, no?
My understanding is they have right of first refusal (or similar option rights) for LR/H TV rights, and permanent exclusive S/UT TV option rights (similar to overall deal). See https://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/n ... ewtopic.php?post_id=50605
20 January
2024-1-20 4:31:11 AM UTC
I think it would be prudent to remember that the original contract was disputed by both parties for decades, culminating with the lawsuit a decade or so ago, which ended in a settlement that likely changed pretty much everything in the agreement in some way or another.
14 February
2024-2-14 9:07:08 AM UTC
22 February
2024-2-22 9:57:54 AM UTC

Trotter wrote:

The OneRing.Net have published an article on what might be in Season 2, no idea if any of it is true, though.

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2024/ ... -sauron-in-huge-new-ways/

On eX-Twitter, The Fellowship of the Fans has put out a statement about the rumours that have been circulated about Rings of Power Season 2.

STATEMENT

FoF has been made aware of a long term plan carried out over roughly the last 6 months by the production and team members of the Rings of Power to release and spread false
rumours pertaining to season 2. Due to this revelation, FoF will be halting any releases of future reveals and scoops for the time being in order to undertake a full investigation to reevaluate and analyse our previous scoops and reveals for season 2 to see if we have misreported anything or released purposeful misinformation and get to the bottom of all this. From what we understand this attempt was to catch out people who were leaking in the crew and to make sure in future that outlets would be leaking out wrong information. We will get back to you guys in a few weeks time to update you if we have any updates from our investigation, which will include a list of the headlines/big scoops and reveals (from us and other outlets) that we can confirm is true and not misinformation.

Signed,
FoF

Looks like some sites fell for this and published the 'false rumours'.
22 February
2024-2-22 1:17:47 PM UTC

Trotter wrote:

Trotter wrote:

The OneRing.Net have published an article on what might be in Season 2, no idea if any of it is true, though.

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2024/ ... -sauron-in-huge-new-ways/

On eX-Twitter, The Fellowship of the Fans has put out a statement about the rumours that have been circulated about Rings of Power Season 2.

STATEMENT

FoF has been made aware of a long term plan carried out over roughly the last 6 months by the production and team members of the Rings of Power to release and spread false
rumours pertaining to season 2. Due to this revelation, FoF will be halting any releases of future reveals and scoops for the time being in order to undertake a full investigation to reevaluate and analyse our previous scoops and reveals for season 2 to see if we have misreported anything or released purposeful misinformation and get to the bottom of all this. From what we understand this attempt was to catch out people who were leaking in the crew and to make sure in future that outlets would be leaking out wrong information. We will get back to you guys in a few weeks time to update you if we have any updates from our investigation, which will include a list of the headlines/big scoops and reveals (from us and other outlets) that we can confirm is true and not misinformation.

Signed,
FoF

Looks like some sites fell for this and published the 'false rumours'.
What do you do if the false rumors excited the fan base and actual leaks bore people, I wonder?
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us