What should I spend my £100 on- just for fun
1 ... 5 6 (7) 8

Re: What should I spend my £100 on- just for fun

From Belgium
Group:
Shirefolk

This week I received the 1st/4th of RotK, so I didn't order the 'original' edition of Seinte Iuliene after all. Perhaps I will buy it too, but I'm still doubting. I found it for approx. £55 with original cover - not rebound like the one I mentioned and showed earlier in this thread - but it's a lot of money to me...
A photo of RotK is coming, but it's not that special to you guys, I think. (For me it is, as it is my first LotR 1st edition so I'm quite proud of it.)

By Red

Group:
Shirefolk

I would be proud as well. I recently found later printings of first editions of the ROTK and TTT online, and am anxiously awaiting their arrival (they will be the only first editions in my collection).

From Belgium
Group:
Shirefolk

Here's a photo of the book (although not really necessary as I already have posted a photo by the previous owner)

205_4c9ca89471bff.jpg 922X1229 px

From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

As already mentioned (and you see from the picture), I believe that this is the only first edition LOTR edition with the impression details on the dust jacket spine. An unusual copy.

Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

I have the 2nd and 3rd impressions of ROTK and both have the impression number on the spine as well. See below...

707_4c9f3e2d53dc7.jpg 2604X3472 px

707_4c9f3e3c4087c.jpg 2604X3472 px

1 ... 5 6 (7) 8
© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us