Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

7 Aug, 2010
2010-8-7 7:16:53 PM UTC
Hello to all -

Posted a WONDERFUL new Calendar of the Month at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

This is a REALLY GOOD one and his contributions from regulars in these forums. (OK, now you know what it is. But another surprise awaits.)

Hope this finds all well.

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parmastahir
5 Sep, 2010
2010-9-5 3:22:33 PM UTC
Hello to All -

Updated the Calendar of the Month feature at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

At the risk of spoiling the surprise, it is the 1986 Beyond Bree calendar. It is a rarely seen issue and only the second of their series. I featured this one in anticipation of the issue of their 2011 calendar which commemorates the 30th anniversary of Beyond Bree. Congratulations to Nancy Martsch and all who support this active society.

Parmastahir
14 Sep, 2010
2010-9-14 2:07:23 AM UTC
FINALLY collected a copy of the LASFS 1968 Shangri l'Affaires Meretricious member art supplement with a copy of the 1969 Tim Kirk calendar tipped in. It's pretty much in a mint state. Am MORE than happy to cross that one off my "to get" list. Woo hoo!

Parmastahir
14 Sep, 2010
2010-9-14 11:08:58 AM UTC
Awesome! Very happy for you Parmastahir!

Any major holes still in that impressive collection of yours?
15 Sep, 2010
2010-9-15 11:12:59 PM UTC
Hi Urulókë -

Does anyone ever have a compleat collection? In my case, I have (as of this date) catalogued 328 calendars (including the various variants.) And I have (with this last one) 300 of them. A nice round number in any case. I have little hope of collecting some of them (the Russian "Tretya Thema", for instance.) But many are commercial issues that are hard to find for whatever reason (some of the early Minotauro issues from Spain and some of the issues from Poland.) But thanks to your support, I have crossed off at least one "goodie." And because of that one, I heard from its creator (John Pivovarnick, who has recently been in contact with Tom Logan.) So hope springs eternal that its mate will sometime come along.

If you really want to know which ones I need, just check out the entries on my website. Those with no letter following the rarity rating are still to be found. A letter designates its state (x = opened, m = mint, s = signed.)

Speaking of the latter, your package arrived safely and my daughter took her copy home with her last weekend. Thanks! Thoroughly enjoyed bringing that one back home with the signatures on it!

Hope this finds you and yours well.

Parm
8 Oct, 2010
2010-10-8 1:54:50 AM UTC
Hello to all -

Posted the October Calendar of the Month at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

Hope you enjoy it (and can appreciate "the sacrifice" that I made to be able to post it for you!)

Parmastahir
27 Oct, 2010
2010-10-27 1:12:57 AM UTC
If you're looking for a Christmas gift for a Tolkien fan, please consider the 2011 Heren Istarion/Northeast Tolkien Society Calendar available at:

http://herenistarionnets.blogspot.com/p/nets-calendar.html

The fourth in this series of calendars, it features another wonderful cover by Jef Murray, illustrations by Anke Eissmann and Sue Wookey, and a specially created centerfold by Catherine Sparsidis commemorating their 10th anniversary. Net proceeds benefit this official Tolkien Society smial. My daughter and I printed a rather limited edition: only 65 will be available!

Parmastahir
6 Nov, 2010
2010-11-6 3:48:03 AM UTC
Hello to all -

Posted the November Calendar of the Month at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

It's a humorous (and rare) calendar from the fertile mind of Dan Smith. Enjoy!

Parmastahir
2 Dec, 2010
2010-12-2 12:40:54 PM UTC
Hello to all -

Posted the December Calendar of the Month at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

It is a newly discovered rarity (only six were created.) Happy Holidays to everyone!

Parmastahir
3 Jan, 2011
2011-1-3 2:47:46 PM UTC
Hello to all!

Hope your holidays were wonderful.

Posted the January Calendar of the Month at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

It is a classic (and relative rarity) from Beyond Bree. That group celebrates its 30th anniversary in April.

Parmastahir

p.s. - With the addition of the 2011 issues and a couple of newly discovered mathoms, the list is now up to 339 calendars. Woo hoo!
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us