Tolkien Collector's Guide
Nov 22, 2018
2018/11/22 1:37:28 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
I think what he means is that the seller cannot leave any feedback about the buyer any more.
Nov 22, 2018
2018/11/22 1:48:00 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Urulöké wrote:
I think what he means is that the seller cannot leave any feedback about the buyer any more.

Why not? When I sell things I leave feedback for the buyer every time. What am I missing haha
Nov 22, 2018
2018/11/22 2:01:57 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Whoops sorry. You can leave positive feedback, but not negative any more.
Nov 22, 2018
2018/11/22 2:54:24 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Ahh of course of course, now I gotcha, sorry my fault. I'd never tried to leave negative feedback for a buyer before, didn't realize. I had a guy make me an offer on something I was selling and I noticed that even though he had all positive feedback there were plenty of very negative comments about him not paying. I just thought the sellers were being half nice!

So I guess you can leave negative comments but they are still marked as 'positive feedback'. That's ridiculous. Seems like eBay being greedy and wanting as many sales as possible regardless of fairness. Not too surprising I guess but it just seems too obvious of a tactic, even for eBay.
Nov 22, 2018
2018/11/22 19:50:46 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Urulöké wrote:
Whoops sorry. You can leave positive feedback, but not negative any more.

Yeah, sorry, I was unclear. The seller can no longer leave negative feedback about the buyer. They changed it many years ago. Makes feedback pretty much worthless as a seller.
Nov 22, 2018
2018/11/22 20:11:15 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Stu wrote:

Yeah, sorry, I was unclear. The seller can no longer leave negative feedback about the buyer. They changed it many years ago. Makes feedback pretty much worthless as a seller.

I don't know... I agree it's bogus, but the comments I read about the buyer I mentioned were so bad (despite being marked as positive) that I was able to block him based on those alone. Without them I definitely would have sold to him and probably been screwed.
Nov 22, 2018
2018/11/22 21:31:06 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Berelach wrote:

Stu wrote:

Yeah, sorry, I was unclear. The seller can no longer leave negative feedback about the buyer. They changed it many years ago. Makes feedback pretty much worthless as a seller.

I don't know... I agree it's bogus, but the comments I read about the buyer I mentioned were so bad (despite being marked as positive) that I was able to block him based on those alone. Without them I definitely would have sold to him and probably been screwed.

Well it is better than nothing, but eBay has expressly tried to avoid buyers getting negative feedback, because really all they care about is commission.
Dec 13, 2018 (edited)
2018/12/13 14:08:15 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Too bad doesn't have a dustjacket on the Fellowship. Can't imagine what it would cost then!

Seller: princetn (9558)
Ended Jan 11, 2019
Buy-It-Now:
$1,325.00
Submitted by: dunedain, Urulókë
Dec 13, 2018
2018/12/13 16:56:48 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

dunedain wrote:
Too bad doesn't have a dustjacket on the Fellowship. Can't imagine what it would cost then!

That's..... egregious. Nice condition sets of those editions, with box, are regularly available on eBay for under $100...
Dec 13, 2018 (edited)
2018/12/13 18:02:49 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Sorry but neither of you are serious bidders please move along, the seller, princetn sells to serious bidders only.
Jump to Last