1 (2) 3 4 5

Re: At It Again

Nov 18, 2010 - in Signatures and Autographs
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

I noticed we had a response from the Tolkien Estate to another post on this forum, I'd really like to see them get involved with stopping this seller from selling anymore 'Tolkien' signed items.

Re: At It Again [eBay fakes]

Jan 4, 2011 - in Signatures and Autographs (edited)
From Belgium
Group:
Shirefolk

Never seen this. What kind of rubbish is this?

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/TOLKIEN-WATERCOLOR-/180608207902?pt=Art_Drawings&hash=item2a0d168c1e#ht_4377wt_1139

By garm

Jan 4, 2011 - in Signatures and Autographs
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Clearly an allegorical treatment of Tolkien's feelings on the death of CS Lewis- 'An axe-blow near the roots'.

I wish I were as clever as the vendor, 'cos then I might have a clue as to what this bit is about -

"The work is not supplied with certificate of authenticity and guarantee (as has never been subject to assessment, evaluation expertise) and then, having regard to the recognition and similarity to the stykle of the author, is proposed as a copy of copyright, falsecopyright, in the manner of the author, under Article 8 of the Law of 20 November 1971, n.1062 (Official Gazette No. 318 on December 17)"

As it is, I'm stumped (pardon the pun).

Jan 4, 2011 - in Signatures and Autographs
From California, USA
Group:
Thain
Shirefolk
Fellowship

Heh. Here is my take at translating:

"The work is not supplied with certificate of authenticity and guarantee (as has never been subject to assessment, evaluation expertise)..."

"This has never been seen by an expert..."

"and then, having regard to the recognition and similarity to the style of the author,..."

"but it looks like Tolkien's artwork to me..."

"is proposed as a copy of copyright, falsecopyright, in the manner of the author,..."

"so I hereby state that this is a fake..."

"under Article 8 of the Law of 20 November 1971, n.1062 (Official Gazette No. 318 on December 17)"

"with some really official sounding garbage to make this seem real."

Jan 5, 2011 - in Signatures and Autographs
From Essex, England
Group:
Shirefolk
Fellowship
Shirrif

Just found this in my loft (I think it was a present for a Doctor Higgins), and I offer the same guarantees as the eBay seller.

10_4d240154b9a9d.jpg 262X400 px

1 (2) 3 4 5
© 2018 TolkienGuide.com and respective authors. Contact Us