IMG_8201.jpg

After six months of learning the ropes, contacting artists, designing the layout (in a new-to-me software program) and lots of proofreading, the Beyond Bree Calendar for 2020 is in print and shipping to those who have placed orders. I just got mine today, and it looks really good! (I am not biased. Nancy did a great job getting these printed, the quality is really high.)

I'll just list all of the artwork here, if someone else less involved wouldn't mind posting their impressions that would be much appreciated.

January: And his heart was filled with longing by Jenny Dolfen, and Súlimo B&W art by George Dunn

February: Palantír of Amon Sûl by Donato Giancola, and Eärendil the Mariner B&W art by by Marjo Took

March: Fëanor and Silmarils by Jian Guo, and Silmarils B&W art by Jenny Dolfen

April: Thingol by Sylvia Hunnewell, and Aranrúth B&W art by Tom Loback

May: Then Fingon rode against him by Jenny Dolfen, and Fingolfin's Ride B&W art by Tom Loback

June: Nienor and Glaurung by Anke Eissmann, and Nienor and Glaurung B&W art also by Anke Eissmann

July: Fëanor by Octo Kwan, and Fëanor B&W art by Marjo Took

August: Morwen seeks Túrin by Gordon Palmer, and The Passing of Morwen B&W art also by Gordon Palmer

September: Before the rising of the sun Eärendil slew Ancalagon the Black by Nancy Martsch, and Eärendil & Ancalagon B&W art by George Dunn

October: Turgon at Fingolfin's Cairn by Ted Nasmith, and The Entrance to Gondolin B&W art by Nancy Martsch

November: Laurelin and Telperion by Emily Austin, and Lament for the Two Trees B&W art by Marjo Took

December: Detail from Lúthien and Beren by Jay Johnstone, and Beren and Lúthien B&W sketch by Jef Murray

I'd like to thank all of the artists (some returning having contributed art to previous Beyond Bree calendars under other editors, and some contributing here for the first time) for their wonderful support and putting up with my learning curve. I think the final product is exactly what I was hoping it would be, and I hope those of you who purchase it are also satisfied. The print run is limited to ~100 copies, and in previous years has sold out before Christmas - don't delay too long if you are interested.

Calendar ordering info

The color and black and white calendar is 11 x 8 ½ inches,
opening to 11 x 17 inches. It has both Middle-earth and real world holidays.

Pricing: $20 plus shipping - USA $2.00, the rest of the world $5.00.
For large orders, please inquire for details.

For PayPal orders please add $1.00. Send payment (in USD) to:
[email protected] (this is a name, not a link).

Send check or postal money order (in USD drawn on a US bank) to:
Nancy Martsch, PO Box 55372, Sherman Oaks, CA 91413, USA.
You may send US currency, at your own risk, in a sturdy envelope.

For more information please e-mail: [email protected]