So, I'm in the US, and I just got into the Lord of the Rings books for the first time and thought it would be awesome to get some editions of the books which look and feel every bit as exciting and special as the stories inside them. I was super thrilled to see the Lord of the Rings deluxe illustrated edition at Barnes & Noble, and bought it for myself for Christmas.

Long story short, I'm on my NINTH COPY. YES. MY 9th copy of this book because all of the other 8 had so many glaring quality issues..... *SIGH* I even went to OTHER Barnes & Noble book stores in the hope that the copies they had were of later prints which had fixed some of the quality issues. Some of them were quite insane for ANY book, let alone a $250 book. Some of these issues I have NEVER seen in cheap $8 paperbacks... What do I do?

Its not Barnes & Nobles fault, and between Christmas and myself, I have extinguished 2 different Barnes & Noble stores of their entire supply of these books trying to find one that doesn't have a problem. But William Morrow doesn't have a website for customer support, and HarperCollins is in the UK on the other side of the planet.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!