Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

1 May, 2023
2023-5-1 4:25:54 PM UTC
Not a big deal but curious if you might roll out a mobile friendly version? I know it’s not a high priority ?
1 May, 2023
2023-5-1 5:08:13 PM UTC

LanceFormation wrote:

Not a big deal but curious if you might roll out a mobile friendly version? I know it’s not a high priority ?

The EL pages are all extremely hard coded- every image, menu button, text block, etc. is individually placed (pixel by pixel) on the layout of the screen. Very "old school" web layout. And every page (there are over 100 of them) is unique, there's no "header bar" file - the header is duplicated across each of the html files individually, and there are minor differences in each based on when they were crafted. As an archive it is great to keep around - for moving forward though, the data will be ingested into the TCG Guide ?
1 May, 2023
2023-5-1 5:15:09 PM UTC

Urulókë wrote:

moving forward though, the data will be ingested into the TCG Guide ?

I'm full just thinking about that
1 May, 2023
2023-5-1 5:48:40 PM UTC

Mr. Underhill wrote:

Urulókë wrote:

moving forward though, the data will be ingested into the TCG Guide ?

I'm full just thinking about that

Soon! (ish)

Also, I put the Archive in the "Collect" dropdown in the header, so it is findable. Given how brittle EL site is I am not, at this time, adding any TCG framework/buttons to it so once you get into EL use your back button to return to TCG. ?
1 May, 2023
2023-5-1 6:28:18 PM UTC

Urulókë wrote:

As an archive it is great to keep around - for moving forward though, the data will be ingested into the TCG Guide ?

Sounds great (and time consuming!)
2 May, 2023
2023-5-2 12:29:08 AM UTC
Good news. It would have been sad if such an inspirational site was completely lost to us.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us