Tolkien Collector's Guide

Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

Post pictures of your Collection

Post pictures of your Collection

Aug 4, 2013 (edited)

I have had a bit of success with UK Hobbits recently

Every impression from the 3rd Printing of 1942 to the 24th (10th Impression of the 3rd Edition in 1975), apart from one

I only collect Hobbits with Dust-Jackets and they have to be not priced clipped, hence why no 1st or 2nd Printings, a small number of editions (three) need to be replaced because they do not fit my criteria.

Post moved to this thread from

http://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/n ... t_id=12588#forumpost12588

10_51fe2924c1826.jpg 1366X416 px
Load previous replies
Sep 1, 2013
Very nice Wellinghall and some real rare ones
You have the 1925 booklet to match my Devils ! well done

What is the bound Silmarillion ? Signed?
Sep 1, 2013
Laurel & Wellinghall,

Nice pics!
Sep 1, 2013
Jlong, thanks

Laurel, thanks. The Silmarillion is half-bound in leather - possibly not by one of the very best binders, but still a nice, professional job. It isn't one of my signed ones.

- wellinghall
Sep 1, 2013
Very nice pictures and collections. It'll take me many years to get near this
Sep 1, 2013
I have been collecting for nearly forty years, and my wife for almost as long

- wellinghall
Sep 1, 2013

wellinghall wrote:
I have been collecting for nearly forty years, and my wife for almost as long

- wellinghall

"Near" is a very elastic term. And too bad my wife is not interested in collecting books.
Sep 1, 2013
I think I got my first Hobbit for Christmas when I was seven, so that makes it just a few months short of forty years

- wellinghall
Oct 26, 2013
Here is a picture of my collection, looking fantastic, on account of appearing to have arrived in one piece...

As the removalists still have about 15% of my stuff (and I will get it at some random point in the future), I was relieved that all of the books came through in the first batch.

228_526b59014a2f4.jpg 475X554 px
Oct 26, 2013
Wow Stu looking good
I especially like the orange limited edition version although i wouldnt recommend tape - you will find it will damage the surface once removed - lol
Oct 26, 2013

laurel wrote:
Wow Stu looking good
I especially like the orange limited edition version although i wouldnt recommend tape - you will find it will damage the surface once removed - lol

Ironically, box 19 - the orange one - mostly contains low value stuff!
Load more
Jump to Last