Tolkien Collector's Guide

Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

New eBay listings submitted

eBay listings submitted on Nov 20

Nov 21, 2013

Seller: olliesbookstore1 (988)
Ended Jan 18, 2014
Buy-It-Now:
AU $600.00
Submitted by: Urulókë
Seller: papertrail-maine (6457)
Ended Nov 21, 2013
$258.00
[10 Bids]
Submitted by: Urulókë
Seller: breviarium (2338)
Ended Nov 27, 2013
Buy-It-Now:
$56.00
Submitted by: Urulókë
Seller: 1cletocat (2897)
Ended Nov 24, 2013
$175.00
[0 Bids]
Submitted by: Urulókë
Seller: silver-gryph (2271)
Ended Nov 24, 2013
£81.85
[13 Bids]
Submitted by: Urulókë
Load previous replies
Oct 19
Seller: thoutmosis2 (157)
Ended Oct 24, 2019
£9.50
[9 Bids]
eBay Item #303327936606

Now in auction.
Oct 20
Seller: a1-clearances (10466)
Ended Oct 19, 2019
Buy-It-Now:
£5,500.00
Submitted by: Stu, Khamûl
Oct 25
Seller: milesofrarebooks (2735)
Ended Oct 30, 2019
£5,466.00
[27 Bids]
Submitted by: Urulókë, Ithildin
Oct 26
352833983622
254385645246

Both offers describe the same 1st US Hobbit, but who is the right seller?
Oct 26

Ithildin wrote:
352833983622
254385645246

Both offers describe the same 1st US Hobbit, but who is the right seller?


I'd guess the one with only 2 feedback points is a scam.
Oct 27

Stu wrote:

Ithildin wrote:
352833983622
254385645246

Both offers describe the same 1st US Hobbit, but who is the right seller?


I'd guess the one with only 2 feedback points is a scam.


Yes, the first listing (by iwc_2004) was legit and that seller is now trying to get the new listing taken down (a friend of mine asked me to share this info as he's been in touch with the original seller and doesn't have an account here).
Oct 27

Berelach wrote:

Stu wrote:

Ithildin wrote:
352833983622
254385645246

Both offers describe the same 1st US Hobbit, but who is the right seller?


I'd guess the one with only 2 feedback points is a scam.


Yes, the first listing (by iwc_2004) was legit and that seller is now trying to get the new listing taken down (a friend of mine asked me to share this info as he's been in touch with the original seller and doesn't have an account here).


Glad someone is on it. I reported it, but eBay doesn't usually do anything about such reports, and they are close to impossible to contact other than through the automated forms.
Oct 27
Tried reporting this item, but can't. The Dropdown box for categories shows no options.

Hopefully is still works for other members.

10_5db5b0b4d28bc.png 808X565 px
Oct 27

Trotter wrote:
Tried reporting this item, but can't. The Dropdown box for categories shows no options.

Hopefully is still works for other members.


Yeah, I had the same thing -- it only let me report it when I changed to a .co.uk address. I had exactly the same as you with the .com URL. I tried multiple browsers, and all had the empty dropdown. So switch to .co.uk and give it a report -- you never know how their algorithms work, an extra report might trigger a takedown.
Load more
Jump to Last