Tolkien Collector's Guide

LOTR- Illustrated By Alan Lee (1991) ISBN:0395595118

Jun 29
2020/6/29 2:36:39 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Hi,

My dad was about to give away this book to Goodwill, however, something was not sitting with me in just giving it away. I looked into the book and according to this website, the book appears to be a 5th state book as it was printed in Thailand. Its in really good condition without a jacket flap, not sure if my father threw it away. However, I wanted to know if it's worth anything, and if so, how much? This pandemic really has us short in money as we were laid off from work. Attached is a photo of the cover.

5044_5ef9539aedb06.jpg 4032X3024 px
Jun 29 (edited)
2020/6/29 3:25:00 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
I would wager to say you’re just as well giving it away, it’s really not worth anything substantial, even with the jacket. You can read ‘printing’ for ‘state’; that edition just gave no print information. They printed a ton of those.
Jun 29
2020/6/29 4:20:44 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
And especially with the new editions from HarperCollins, and Houghton Mifflin's boxed set still being in print, there isn't really a "demand" on the marketplace for an illustrated copy.

I'd say keep it - unless you have no interest whatsoever of doing so.
Jump to Last