Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

17 Aug, 2020
2020-8-17 10:23:13 PM UTC
Pure lunacy.
18 Aug, 2020
2020-8-18 12:03:56 AM UTC

Stu wrote:

insurrbution wrote:

Ah! The image made for The Silmarillion is quite nice, as well as any future ones that emphasize the "JRRT".

To me, though, the purple Unfinished Tales makes the most sense, out of the non-HoM-e books, as HarperCollins had actually produced one in that style, and many believe UT to be a HoM-e "testing ground" and group them together.

It's extremely unlikely, though I'd welcome the purple UT to exist as a POD book.

Not most sense for me -- I already have two purple ones...

Just want to ask - you looking to sell one of them...?
18 Aug, 2020
2020-8-18 12:34:54 AM UTC
So around the time I did those other mock-ups I went ahead and did an updated HoME/HotH in a similar style to the newly Hobbit/LotR and upcoming UT. Though I did end up breaking and not using a separate image on the back, I liked the way these worked using a singular image.

All are John Howe art, the HoME ones use the same artwork as done on the paperbacks (both regular and the more "recent" blank spine / top banner ones)

I can share the individual images and/or a link to the album if people are interested.

insurrbution wrote:

Worthy of mention: The french 'pocket' edition uses John Howe's 'The Doors of Heorot' should you wish to add The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun to the 'black border' style (HoM-e paperbacks) :
I was working on adding that as well as Arthur, Kullervo, Aoterou & Itroun, etc. in that style but work has picked up quite a bit recently (have a co-worker on leave for a month) so haven't had time to get back to them.
18 Aug, 2020
2020-8-18 1:12:29 AM UTC

insurrbution wrote:

Stu wrote:

insurrbution wrote:

Ah! The image made for The Silmarillion is quite nice, as well as any future ones that emphasize the "JRRT".

To me, though, the purple Unfinished Tales makes the most sense, out of the non-HoM-e books, as HarperCollins had actually produced one in that style, and many believe UT to be a HoM-e "testing ground" and group them together.

It's extremely unlikely, though I'd welcome the purple UT to exist as a POD book.

Not most sense for me -- I already have two purple ones...

Just want to ask - you looking to sell one of them...?

Nah, I have two full sets of HoME 1sts, so it makes sense to keep the matching spare UT. I was actually originally going to sell the second one, but then COVID came along, etc.
18 Aug, 2020
2020-8-18 4:54:05 AM UTC
Cool! Should you ever decide to sell it, at some point, remember me :)
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us