Tolkien Collector's Guide
Dec 16, 2020
2020/12/16 21:14:03 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
What about his other fireplace?

125_5fda78877ed01.jpg 480X775 px
Dec 16, 2020
2020/12/16 22:17:07 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
From a quick skim through the questions and responses, nothing new appears to really have been added to the discussion. Pointless project remains pointless.
Dec 16, 2020
2020/12/16 23:26:38 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
After reading Julia Golding's replies on Reddit I am unmoved over the project. I personally find her answers vague and I can't get on board with that. I don't really have anything else to add as I don't trust the project to deliver anything of impact so I am leaving this subject from here on out to others who still want to talk this out.

I look forward to the day when this subject is nowhere to be seen in the recent activity if truth be told.

Again, thanks Jeremy and the team.
Dec 16, 2020
2020/12/16 23:41:34 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
I'm going to pause the thread again, I think we've hashed this out well beyond any added value to TCG. I will go back and clear out most of the conversation post the reddit AMA announcement as not relevant here.

On re-read I can see how Stu's comment was implying a connection that I didn't see on first read, and Aelfwine - the general request from me was not religion-centric, it was to stay focused on TCG-related material as much as possible. The AMA announcement tied in to my research on whether Project Northmoor was was they said they are, so I had no problem with the announcement and a general comment or two on the official answers given. The sniping done by certain Redditors don't have anything to do with PN's motives and goals, so I'm going to remove that.
Dec 29, 2020 (edited)
2020/12/29 1:22:39 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
FWIW, they are now trying to get funding via Kickstarter. Of note, this is an all-or-nothing setup, so they don't get the money unless they reach their goal.

Which is fine, except they have set their goal as £500,000. According to their own estimates, they need 8 times this.

TL;DR - they get to keep the money if it reaches 500K, even though they won't be able to achieve any of their stated goals.

[Edit: Worth saying, I'm not trying to kick off further discussion on this (It is a most unpleasant topic). Just wanted to keep people updated that this is still ongoing and they are now pursuing additional means to separate the public from their money. Oh, and whilst I'm at it, only backers can comment on their kickstarter campaign - so you have to have already committed money in order to comment]

228_5fea84df58c06.png 2800X1380 px
Jan 8 (edited)
2021/1/8 6:44:11 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Please do not reply to this thread, it has served its purpose.

I will update this post to show the current publicly available funding details for anyone who is interested.

EDIT I think they are running out of time on the Kickstarter and will probably extend the remaining time on it.

10_60124844a1575.jpg 449X243 px
Jump to Last