Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

Middle-Earth Set

22 Apr, 2021 (edited)
2021-4-22 11:16:52 PM UTC

Hi All,

I have the slipcased deluxe harpercollins 3 volume edition of the Complete History of Middle-Earth. 5th printing.

The oddity is that book I has been bound back to front and upside down.

Is this a known issue or a one-off?

Appreciate the feedback

All the best

5181_608203db87303.jpg 375X500 px
22 Apr, 2021
2021-4-22 11:26:29 PM UTC

theshredking wrote:

Hi All,

I have the slipcased deluxe harpercollins 3 volume edition of the Complete History of Middle Earth. 5th printing.

Appreciate the feedback

All the best

I haven't heard of any others. This kind of problems happens occasionally. Assuming you bought it new, just ask for a replacement set.
23 Apr, 2021
2021-4-23 3:18:20 AM UTC

theshredking wrote:

Hi All,

I have the slipcased deluxe harpercollins 3 volume edition of the Complete History of Middle Earth. 5th printing.

Appreciate the feedback

All the best

First off, welcome to TCG! ?

I agree with what Stu said - most copies are not this way, so what you have is a manufacturing defect. If possible, you should try to return/exchange with the retailer you purchased it from. It may be possible to get some assistance from HarperCollins customer service if the retailer refuses to help you out, but if you have had it a while, or if you bought it on the secondary market, you might be out of luck. Still, sounds like it is all there and readable! I've heard of other defects where (for example) whole gatherings are missing/repeated, so the book is permanently incomplete.
23 Apr, 2021
2021-4-23 6:46:24 AM UTC
Hi Guy's, thanks for the information, much appreciated. I have sent details to harpercollins customer services so will advise how that works out. All the best
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us