The Return of the King
$5657.75
TolkienGuide is an Abebooks.com affiliate
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Jun 11
2021/6/11 9:15:23 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Well, the only question we should ask ourselves right now is:

How many films and series will the TCU have? Because the Tolkien Cinematic Universe has been long in the making and with all pieces having fallen into place recently - Bezog (sic!) buying MGM was probably the last straw - will we get more than ten films and series in the next ten years or more?

Because Disney has a headstart.
Jun 11
2021/6/11 10:08:20 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Im not interested in anime, but i do look forward to the amazon series. I hope it will be great fun. Not getting my hopes up too much though.... i still have nightmares about jacksons rotk and im not even gonna get started on the hobbit-movies.
Jun 11
2021/6/11 13:10:17 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
I have just been reminded by quite an excellent German-speaking Youtuber on all things Tolkien that in the video game Shadow of Mordor Helm Hammerhand ...

was a Nazgûl.

The game was done by Monolith, a production studio that belongs to Warner Bros.

And Warner Bros. are doing this movie
Jun 12
2021/6/12 14:36:56 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Olwe wrote:

I have just been reminded by quite an excellent German-speaking Youtuber on all things Tolkien that in the video game Shadow of Mordor Helm Hammerhand ...

was a Nazgûl.

The game was done by Monolith, a production studio that belongs to Warner Bros.

And Warner Bros. are doing this movie

From the producer on Twitter - he will not be a Nazgûl.

9B505F6D-04F4-40CE-97F1-150C775D8AE0.jpeg
Jun 12
2021/6/12 18:03:56 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
I know Tolkien was not all pleased with some of the attention his works received in the mid-60's, although he may also have appreciated the benefit of the financial gifts it brought. In a 1960 letter he wrote, referring to his desire to expand on the background of languages in Middle Earth: "Of course, I should love to publish such stuff, but I am afraid that even the moderate success (in publishing and financial terms) of The Lord of the Ring, leaves it a mere dream. The most I can hope for is to leave the matter in some order amoung my papers".
And later: "My monomania landed me in some dreadful debts."
Jump to Last