Beowulf: A Translation and Commentary, Together with Sellic Spell
£7.37
TolkienGuide is an Amazon.co.uk affiliate
Tolkien Collector's Guide
May 13
2022/5/13 17:21:27 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
I like it, hoping it is similar to the Deluxe Sir Gawain and the Green Knight binding and slipcase.
May 13
2022/5/13 20:15:56 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Ligandil wrote:

Is it just me who thinks that blue+olive green colour scheme is not pretty at all?

Reminds me of the Seattle Seahawks' uniform

Colour-wise it actually looks OK to me (albeit the design is very fussy). BUT, the mockups of the orange Sil looked OK and then the book ended up being dayglo, so I'll hold off any judgement until I see the real book.
May 14
2022/5/14 2:04:35 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
If this is meant to be a 480-page book, I can't see the above mockup with the green-dyed fore edges (the shade of which which I find distractingly unappealing) being at all accurate to the dimensions of the book, unless the paper is quite thick—unlikely considering recent editions. A total of 480 pages would result in a book less than half the thickness of the LR Tolkien-illustrated edition, even—if the dimensions given in current listings are correct—with the book roughly 1 cm shorter and narrower than the LR of last year. Time will tell, but I expect the final result must look somewhat different—particularly the layout of the text on the dyed fore edges.
Jump to Last