Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

14 May, 2022
2022-5-14 1:44:40 PM UTC

Trotter wrote:

Have ordered both of these from Awesome books, who do World-Wide shipping.
Love how world-wide delivery doesn't include Eastern Europe. :D

Sorry for going off topic.
14 May, 2022
2022-5-14 5:58:50 PM UTC

Trotter wrote:

Have ordered both of these from Awesome books, who do World-Wide shipping.

You can get an additional 20% off the price if you use the code AWESOME20 at the checkout.

https://www.awesomebooks.com/search?q= ... ete+guide+to+middle-earth

Says that that discount code is only valid on "USED" items.

Did it work for you?
14 May, 2022
2022-5-14 6:53:20 PM UTC
Got the code after I bought it, so did not try it. You are right

To qualify for this offer, add eligible products to your basket and enter your unique code. The discount will show in your basket on qualifying products only. Only valid once per transaction. The following products are excluded from this offer: New Books, Bundles and Boxed Sets.

Does not work with new books.
14 May, 2022
2022-5-14 9:32:28 PM UTC

Trotter wrote:

Got the code after I bought it, so did not try it. You are right

Did they charge at the time of transaction or when the books are released ?

The dollar to pound right now is favorable for me, and this would be significantly cheaper than the order I placed with blackwells
14 May, 2022
2022-5-14 9:43:44 PM UTC

Falkor wrote:

Did they charge at the time of transaction or when the books are released ?

The dollar to pound right now is favorable for me, and this would be significantly cheaper than the order I placed with blackwells

This is the answer I received from AwesomeBooks Customer Service, some weeks ago: "Once you will place an order for an item which is to get published in future, you will be charged at the same time of placing the order. Any price change will not affect your initial order value".
14 May, 2022
2022-5-14 11:04:24 PM UTC
Good to know, I’ll probably order from here and cancel my blackwells.

I can get both the standard and the deluxe shipped to Texas for the same price as the deluxe from blackwells.
14 May, 2022
2022-5-14 11:16:25 PM UTC
The "20% off your next order" in very large print, with very tiny small print telling you it doesn't actually apply to...anything is a bit of a dark pattern.

What are Awesomebooks like for packaging? I feel like £65 is where all retailers will end up on this around publication time and can't any great reason to pre-order (my preference tends to be for BD as they package well to NZ).
15 May, 2022
2022-5-15 4:49:55 AM UTC

Falkor wrote:

Good to know, I’ll probably order from here and cancel my blackwells.

I can get both the standard and the deluxe shipped to Texas for the same price as the deluxe from blackwells.

I thought it was a good price, even without the additional 20% off, though it may well be cheaper at some point from other sellers, it was a price that I was comfortable with.
15 May, 2022
2022-5-15 12:59:35 PM UTC

Trotter wrote:

I thought it was a good price, even without the additional 20% off, though it may well be cheaper at some point from other sellers, it was a price that I was comfortable with.

Have you ordered and received new books from awesomebooks? I have not heard of them so was looking at reviews, and of course all the negative ones come up first but most if not all were for used books.
15 May, 2022
2022-5-15 1:03:07 PM UTC

Falkor wrote:

Have you ordered and received new books from awesomebooks? I have not heard of them so was looking at reviews, and of course all the negative ones come up first but most if not all were for used books.

No, but am happy to give feedback when I get the books.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us