Sign In
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

4 Aug, 2022
2022-8-4 8:20:57 AM UTC
Where was Wheel of Time released on DVD or BD? Looking online I see some bootleg DVDs for sale but nothing official. Some sites advertise the upcoming release but there is certainly no merit in them.
4 Aug, 2022
2022-8-4 12:52:59 PM UTC

onthetrail wrote:

Where was Wheel of Time released on DVD or BD? Looking online I see some bootleg DVDs for sale but nothing official. Some sites advertise the upcoming release but there is certainly no merit in them.

I recall there had been talk of a BluRay release soon after Season 1 ended. I didn’t like the show so didn’t really check if it happened.
4 Aug, 2022
2022-8-4 1:02:54 PM UTC

Eorl the Young wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

I recall there had been talk of a BluRay release soon after Season 1 ended. I didn’t like the show so didn’t really check if it happened.

There may have been talk amongst fans but I don't see any official releases. Someone here who has said there was a physical release could perhaps link us to that product?
4 Aug, 2022 (edited)
2022-8-4 1:31:17 PM UTC

onthetrail wrote:

Eorl the Young wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

There may have been talk amongst fans but I don't see any official releases. Someone here who has said there was a physical release could perhaps link us to that product?

I don't think there was, only a small bootleg release. That's all I can find online.
4 Aug, 2022
2022-8-4 2:03:26 PM UTC
Looks like I was mistaken about Wheel of Time - I poked around a bit too, and all I see is a BluRay that is indeed likely a bootleg. There seems to be a preorder open for an offical release on at least one site though (as onthetrail mentioned).
4 Aug, 2022
2022-8-4 2:46:41 PM UTC

Eorl the Young wrote:

Looks like I was mistaken about Wheel of Time - I poked around a bit too, and all I see is a BluRay that is indeed likely a bootleg. There seems to be a preorder open for an offical release on at least one site though (as onthetrail mentioned).

Yeah somewhere someone posted something that led people to believe there would be a physical release.

My earlier point about Amazon not releasing their shows to physical, I should have added some context. You will find plenty of Amazon shows on bluray, but they are all co-productions and most importantly, co-financed. You won't find a single physical release of a show that is financed by Amazon exclusively, which RoP is. Others may get a executive producer credit but they aren't the makers.
19 Nov, 2022
2022-11-19 4:08:00 AM UTC
I'm attempting to reply to a comment from some days ago about Rings of Power merchandise. I regret that too.

On the other hand, I have fond feelings about a chewy confection that was produced in southern Oregon back in the late 1970s or so. "Wilderland Kitchen" made a "Maple Hob-Bit": "ingredients: roasted unsalted almond butter, honey date granola (consisting of rolled oats, honey, dates, soy oil, wheat germ, molasses, unsweetened coconut, & pure vanilla), raw honey, pure maple syrup, unsweetened coconut, dry roasted unsalted almond pieces, pure extract of vanilla & pure lemon juice." From Wilderland Kitchen, P. O. Box 216, Ashland, Ore. 97520. I forget what the cost of the 2-ounce confection was, probably 50c or less. It was not overly sweet. One of those and a cup of coffee could keep you going for quite a while, I'm sure.

Offhand the only place I remember seeing these on sale was at the Farmer's Market on the South Pacific Highway in Phoenix, Oregon ... an area that was a lot more bucolic back then than it is now. I moved from the valley in 1981.

I have two of the wrappers with a nice drawing as design, and a plain wrapper with a sticker that says Wilderland Kitchen, Talent, Oregon 97540. The list of ingredients is more brief. A vague impression that is not to be counted on is that the Talent design was later than the Ashland one.

This "Wilderland Kitchen" seems to have left no internet trace.
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us