The Lay of Aotrou and Itroun
£6.29
TolkienGuide is an Amazon.co.uk affiliate
Tolkien Collector's Guide
Aug 4
2022/8/4 8:20:57 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Where was Wheel of Time released on DVD or BD? Looking online I see some bootleg DVDs for sale but nothing official. Some sites advertise the upcoming release but there is certainly no merit in them.
Aug 4
2022/8/4 12:52:59 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

onthetrail wrote:

Where was Wheel of Time released on DVD or BD? Looking online I see some bootleg DVDs for sale but nothing official. Some sites advertise the upcoming release but there is certainly no merit in them.

I recall there had been talk of a BluRay release soon after Season 1 ended. I didn’t like the show so didn’t really check if it happened.
Aug 4
2022/8/4 13:02:54 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Eorl the Young wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

I recall there had been talk of a BluRay release soon after Season 1 ended. I didn’t like the show so didn’t really check if it happened.

There may have been talk amongst fans but I don't see any official releases. Someone here who has said there was a physical release could perhaps link us to that product?
Aug 4 (edited)
2022/8/4 13:31:17 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

onthetrail wrote:

Eorl the Young wrote:

onthetrail wrote:

There may have been talk amongst fans but I don't see any official releases. Someone here who has said there was a physical release could perhaps link us to that product?

I don't think there was, only a small bootleg release. That's all I can find online.
Aug 4
2022/8/4 14:03:26 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia
Looks like I was mistaken about Wheel of Time - I poked around a bit too, and all I see is a BluRay that is indeed likely a bootleg. There seems to be a preorder open for an offical release on at least one site though (as onthetrail mentioned).
Aug 4
2022/8/4 14:46:41 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time, London, Dublin, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia

Eorl the Young wrote:

Looks like I was mistaken about Wheel of Time - I poked around a bit too, and all I see is a BluRay that is indeed likely a bootleg. There seems to be a preorder open for an offical release on at least one site though (as onthetrail mentioned).

Yeah somewhere someone posted something that led people to believe there would be a physical release.

My earlier point about Amazon not releasing their shows to physical, I should have added some context. You will find plenty of Amazon shows on bluray, but they are all co-productions and most importantly, co-financed. You won't find a single physical release of a show that is financed by Amazon exclusively, which RoP is. Others may get a executive producer credit but they aren't the makers.
Jump to Last