Tolkien Collector's Guide

Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

Post pictures of your Collection

Post pictures of your Collection

Aug 4, 2013 (edited)

I have had a bit of success with UK Hobbits recently

Every impression from the 3rd Printing of 1942 to the 24th (10th Impression of the 3rd Edition in 1975), apart from one

I only collect Hobbits with Dust-Jackets and they have to be not priced clipped, hence why no 1st or 2nd Printings, a small number of editions (three) need to be replaced because they do not fit my criteria.

Post moved to this thread from

http://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/n ... t_id=12588#forumpost12588

10_51fe2924c1826.jpg 1366X416 px
Load previous replies
Jun 1
This is a beautiful collection Stu. Love it!
Jun 1
Awesome collection!
Jun 1
Ta. I think once I have got the rest of those damn Hobbits and found a "Huddersfield" with a dust jacket, I'll be done...

Oh, and an Inkings that has been kept in total darkness (ironically, I might have been able to get one of those when I got the other A&U books that has been boxed since new -- just didn't think about it at the time).
Jun 2
Gorgeous!
Jun 2
Sublime!
Jun 3
My collection, like yours, is very large: academic books by and on Tolkien, Tolkien books, letters, signed books, artistic works etc. For me, therefore, it is very difficult to photograph everything.. Here I publish some photographs of my library. In the last photo, I with Catherine McIlwaine, Tolkien Archivist of the Bodleian Library, in my library. She was our guest at the Tolkien Archive in Barletta (May 2019), and so I showed her my archive. it was a honor for me.

2174_5cf4c06df0448.jpg 4032X2268 px

2174_5cf4c09dad6c3.jpg 4032X2268 px

2174_5cf4c0d783641.jpg 3024X4032 px

2174_5cf4c0e4a1fed.jpg 741X1193 px
Jun 3

Tolkieniano wrote:
My collection, like yours, is very large: academic books by and on Tolkien, Tolkien books, letters, signed books, artistic works etc. For me, therefore, it is very difficult to photograph everything.. Here I publish some photographs of my library. In the last photo, I with Catherine McIlwaine, Tolkien Archivist of the Bodleian Library, in my library. She was our guest at the Tolkien Archive in Barletta (May 2019), and so I showed her my archive. it was a honor for me.

That's definitely a sizeable collection of books! My wife would probably divorce me if I had a collection like that (she already gets irritated by handful of books she has to bring back for me every year from the UK that I order to my in-laws!)
Jun 3
Thank you for sharing your beautiful collection Tolkieniano!
Are all of your books in your collection listed on your website?
Jun 3
Here you can read more information:
http://tolkieniano.blogspot.com
Jun 3
Thanks all for sharing pictures of your wonderful collections! I will post a few of mine once I have settled again (moving soon, hopefully for the last time for a long long while).
Load more
Jump to Last