Tolkien Collector's Guide
Post pictures of your Collection

Post pictures of your Collection

Aug 4, 2013 (edited)

I have had a bit of success with UK Hobbits recently

Every impression from the 3rd Printing of 1942 to the 24th (10th Impression of the 3rd Edition in 1975), apart from one

I only collect Hobbits with Dust-Jackets and they have to be not priced clipped, hence why no 1st or 2nd Printings, a small number of editions (three) need to be replaced because they do not fit my criteria.

Post moved to this thread from

http://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/n ... t_id=12588#forumpost12588

10_51fe2924c1826.jpg 1366X416 px
Load previous replies
Sep 3
You are such a Silmarillion pest.
Sep 4
Some fantastic collections here. What does everyone do about daylight? I have my "best" behind doors but may be being neurotic?!
Sep 4
The room I have most of my books in has the blind permanently down; so no direct light in the room at all never mind on book spines. If this isn't an option then turn those delicate spines around on the shelves.
Oct 13
I've been working on this set for a long time and have just completed it, getting the 6th printing in the mail today (I've been really zeroed in on Hobbits lately!). I still need a couple variants (for 5th/7th printings) but essentially this a complete set of the second edition U.S. Hobbits. I love how these look without their jackets! So I hope you'll forgive me for showing them off

4451_5bc24a3303966.jpg 889X700 px
Oct 13
Congratulations, Berelach
That's one small step for mankind, one giant leap for you.. :)))
Oct 14
Very nice Berelach!
Oct 14
Good work!
Oct 15
Beautiful Berelach. Congratulations on completing the set.

Also, the colours remind me of the new deluxe HC editions.
Oct 15
You guys who have been collecting Hobbits lately, what can I expect to pay (with a little patience) for a g/vg US 5th printing?

Same question for a UK 3rd edition (any printing).

Thanks!
Oct 15

Ulmo wrote:
You guys who have been collecting Hobbits lately, what can I expect to pay (with a little patience) for a g/vg US 5th printing?

Same question for a UK 3rd edition (any printing).

Thanks!

Not sure about the US 5th, but UK 3rd editions, anywhere from £20 - £40 for a decent jacketed copy.
Jump to Last