TCGBot wrote:

This site uses affiliate links for which we may be compensated
Seller: colgate-biology
(871)
Ended May 11, 2021
This item ended more than 90 days ago

Went for $204 ...

These bids scare me.

Meh, not scary. You just decide what it is worth to you and place your bid accordingly. At the end of the day, these are just books, so perfectly OK to not get copies of them (or to wait until prices are more sensible).
11 May, 2021
2021-5-11 4:26:43 AM UTC
Haha thank you for the comforting words.

What it's scary is the realization that I'll never be able to win bids for these kind of prices, so if one day I want a copy of this set, for example, I'll have to be extremely lucky.
11 May, 2021
2021-5-11 4:31:41 AM UTC

Ligandil wrote:

What it's scary is the realization that I'll never be able to win bids for these kind of prices, so if one day I want a copy of this set, for example, I'll have to be extremely lucky.

Just keep looking, you'll most definitely be able to find this set for a fair price if you're patient. They pop up on eBay and elsewhere constantly.
11 May, 2021
2021-5-11 4:33:53 AM UTC

Ligandil wrote:

I don't think so. One day a set will have a lot of bids and the next day, none. This has been the case for the entire time I have been collecting via eBay (getting on for 20 years). You just have to be patient. There was never a golden era where patience wasn't needed, to be honest.
11 May, 2021
2021-5-11 4:49:58 AM UTC
Thanks, Berelach and Stu.

So far I haven't been able to win any eBay bid. I've only been using it for 2 months, though, so your advice is very much appreciated.
11 May, 2021
2021-5-11 5:03:56 AM UTC

Ligandil wrote:

So far I haven't been able to win any eBay bid. I've only been using it for 2 months, though, so your advice is very much appreciated.

If it helps, I've lost far more eBay auctions than I have won!
11 May, 2021
2021-5-11 6:05:43 AM UTC

Stu wrote:

Ligandil wrote:

If it helps, I've lost far more eBay auctions than I have won!

Expect to lose, hope to win
11 May, 2021
2021-5-11 11:36:18 AM UTC

Ligandil wrote:

You will break that streak at some point so don't be too concerned. As has been said here already, be patient, and vigilent, not just of sellers trying to make a quick buck in this odd time of Tolkien collecting but also vigilent to your own frustration. We have all been there and afterward thought "how the hell did I pay that for that ". Copies will come at better prices. Don't pay more than you think a book is worth.
11 May, 2021
2021-5-11 8:15:28 PM UTC
I was v lucky & was gifted a G Wilson signed set in pretty good shape.
11 May, 2021
2021-5-11 11:00:28 PM UTC
This site uses affiliate links for which we may be compensated
Seller: harpcharityshopsouthend
(2147)
Ended May 17, 2021
This item ended more than 90 days ago
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us