Tolkien Collector's Guide
Important links:

Guide to Tolkien's Letters
-
Winner of the 2019 Tolkien Society award for Best Website

HarperCollins Tolkien website and sale

28 Apr, 2022 (edited)
2022-4-28 5:42:48 PM UTC

HarperCollins has added the entire Tolkien line of books (including exclusives and Print on Demand titles) to their main website, with a dedicated landing page entitled The Official Tolkien Bookshop

WELCOME TO THE TOLKIEN ONLINE BOOK SHOP, brought to you by HarperCollins, J.R.R. Tolkien’s official publisher, selling signed and deluxe editions of Tolkien’s books, plus a fascinating and definitive collection of official titles written by and about one of the world’s most popular and successful authors.

tolkien-online-bookshop-banner.jpg

I've asked for additional information from HarperCollins about their tolkien.co.uk domain plans as that hasn't been updated in ages.

In other related news, HarperCollins is having a 40% off sale across their entire site (now including all of the Tolkien books!) from April 29 through May 2. To activate the discount, just add the code BANKHOL40 at checkout. UK residents also get free delivery on all orders over £20. The Tolkien titles say "Available for International delivery" but the site also will not allow shipping outside of the UK - I have a query in to clarify. HarperCollins have confirmed that Tolkien books ordered from their website can only be shipped to the UK, Ireland, and Channel Islands.

harpercollins-2022-bank-holiday-sale.jpg
28 Apr, 2022
2022-4-28 6:14:18 PM UTC
In the chapeau of the "Exclusive and deluxe" :

Gorgeous deluxe editions of J.R.R. Tolkien masterpieces including The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, The Roverandom and more. Exclusively signed copies will also be available for all Tolkien fans. These limited, signed or numbered editions are high-end luxury books, perfect for collectors and ideal for gifts.

Don't understand what that means? Are they annoucing further signed deluxe books?
28 Apr, 2022
2022-4-28 6:35:26 PM UTC
I'm glad the PoDs will be more easily available, but also miffed that so many listings are unavailable. Moreover, the organization could be a lot better. The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide, for example, is searchable but doesn't appear under any of the categories. The Hobbit 1st ed facsimiles are under "Deluxe", but not "The Hobbit".

A good step in the right direction, but HC seriously needs to hire a UX person.
28 Apr, 2022
2022-4-28 7:43:18 PM UTC

Emilien wrote:

In the chapeau of the "Exclusive and deluxe" :

Gorgeous deluxe editions of J.R.R. Tolkien masterpieces including The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, The Roverandom and more. Exclusively signed copies will also be available for all Tolkien fans. These limited, signed or numbered editions are high-end luxury books, perfect for collectors and ideal for gifts.

Don't understand what that means? Are they annoucing further signed deluxe books?

I don’t think you can read anything into that text at this point - mostly looks like cut and paste.
28 Apr, 2022
2022-4-28 8:03:09 PM UTC
40% off on the few PoD volumes of HoME I need would have been nice but as Urulókë noted in the initial post they won't ship outside the UK.

I was hoping that since the PoD's on tolkien.co.uk would ship to the UK, that it would be allowed on harpercollins.co.uk.
28 Apr, 2022
2022-4-28 9:43:24 PM UTC

Velmeran wrote:

40% off on the few PoD volumes of HoME I need would have been nice but as Urulókë noted in the initial post they won't ship outside the UK.

I was hoping that since the PoD's on tolkien.co.uk would ship to the UK, that it would be allowed on harpercollins.co.uk.

I believe when they did their Black Friday sale it was the same and there was no international shipping.
29 Apr, 2022
2022-4-29 3:37:48 PM UTC
HarperCollins have confirmed that books ordered from their website can only be shipped to the UK, Ireland, and Channel Islands.
29 Apr, 2022
2022-4-29 3:45:04 PM UTC

Urulókë wrote:

HarperCollins have confirmed that books ordered from their website can only be shipped to the UK, Ireland, and Channel Islands.

That's a bummer.
29 Apr, 2022
2022-4-29 8:01:02 PM UTC
I placed an order for delivery to the US last night, using the discount code. There is a dropdown menu which includes many countries where you fill in the shipping address. They took my money and sent an email saying my order (POD) is in process. I hope I end up with the books and not a refund!
29 Apr, 2022
2022-4-29 8:36:59 PM UTC

Carnórimo wrote:

I placed an order for delivery to the US last night, using the discount code. There is a dropdown menu which includes many countries where you fill in the shipping address. They took my money and sent an email saying my order (POD) is in process. I hope I end up with the books and not a refund!

Did you order specifically through the HarperCollins website, or through the Tolkien.co.uk website?

I have been poking around at the shopping cart for the past two days, and all I get is the following:

1_626c4c608318b.png 1238X778 px
Jump to Last
All original content ©2024 by the submitting authors. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us